1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 2:23 PM by JoeBidgood

Update Master Repository (Failed to verify the file hash - click Repository Pull link for details)

jcfarmer

Hi All,

I hope you can help, or at least advise.

The problem I have seems to be that ePO 4.5 seems to ocationally fail its Master Repository Update.

The task is set to run everyday at about 6:00pm and 12:00am. Every now and then the 6:00pm update will fail. It's not a huge problem because it will then update successfully at 12:00am. More of an annoyance really as due to requirements it emails loads of people when it fails.

It seems random as and when it will not work.

The error it gives is:

Update Master Repository (Failed to verify the file hash - click Repository Pull link for details)

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest what might be causing this to happen ocationally.

I could understand if it was failing all the time but as this is happening only ocationally I am at a loss.

This is on my companies production network so config changes to firewalls, proxies etc happen very rarely so not sure it would be that.

Thanks for any help

JC

• 1. Re: Update Master Repository (Failed to verify the file hash - click Repository Pull link for details)
          JoeBidgood

The most likely explanation here is simply a timing issue   At a guess, your pull task is running at the moment in time when we are in the process of updating the download site you're pulling from. If you time it just right - or just wrong, depending on your viewpoint - it's possible for the files in the download site to be out of sync, giving rise to this error.

When you run the task again, the update of the download site has completed and all the files are correct, so the pull succeeds. This is completely normal and (I would imagine) happens many, many times a day.

To alleviate this, you might want to schedule the pull task to run more frequently - say hourly -  so that if the first pull does fail, you won't be missing the latest files for too long.

HTH -

Joe