Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
317 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2014 7:53 AM by otruniger RSS
otruniger Newcomer 15 posts since
Jun 4, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 17, 2014 10:52 AM

known error with PHP upload function and SSL splitting?

Hi,

on several occations I got incidents reported when uploading files to a website over SSL when they use some PHP framework. I tried to debug this using rule tracing but there is no usable trace. When sniffing the outside SSL connection I see immediate Resets on the TCP connection probably during SSL handshake. The users receive an error message stating that the proxy could not connect to the remote server within the timeout value, but the error message occurs immediately.

The upload function works fine without ssl scanning.

Is this a known problem with some PHP frameworks (possible AJAX) that they would use some POST request which is not compatible with ssl scanning? Or could this be something else like a TLS version thing?

Any experiences on this topic anyone?

Thanks, Othmar

• asabban McAfee SME 1,354 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009

Hello,

I have seen a similar looking issue at a customer which is still being investigated. Did you already file a request with tech support? We need to know if you are seeing the same problem and - if so - ensure you receive a fix in time.

Best,

Andre

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points