6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 2:16 PM by JoeBidgood

ePO upgrade

risingflight

Hi everyone

I am doing transition of ePO server 4.5.6 from windows server 2003 x86(SQL 2005) to windows server 2008 R2 x64(SQL 2008 R2) and then i will upgrade it to ePO4.6

I have taken backup of all folders and sql server on windows server 2003 and i have started installtion of ePO4.5.6 on windows server 2008 R2

How do i know the security threats communication port num of my current ePO server on windows server 2003 and SQL server TCP Port.

Since i have  customised ePO port numbers i am not using default ports, i can see all the ports on my current epo server  but i cannot see this port

Security threats communitcation port and SQL server TCP Port.

During the installation of ePO ,do ePO creates the database( ePO4_Servername) automatically or should i create it before.

I am following article KB71078

I have replaced all xml files in C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\SERVER\conf\catalina\localhost from

Program files to Program Files (x86) but i cannot see the file webapp.xml

I cannot replaces Files with Files(x86) in deployer.xml as i cannot see it(Files path).

In the article KB71078

Step 3

Open each of the following .conf files in a text editor (Notepad) and do the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\APACHE2\conf\httpd.conf

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\APACHE2\conf\ssl.conf

Cofused : I have replaced PROGRA~1 with PROGRA~2 thats it or should i also replace Program Files (x86) with Program Files or

Program Files  with Program Files(x86)

From Step 4 to Step 9

Should i replace PROGRA~1 with PROGRA~2 and Program Files with Program Files (x86)

Step 10

db.port was 2179 in sql 2005 so here  also would be the same port.

(but what is the SQL server TCP port 49380 during installation of ePO)

• 1. Re: ePO upgrade
          JoeBidgood

Hi...

How do i know the security threats communication port num of my current ePO server on windows server 2003 and SQL server TCP Port.

The security threats port is fixed at 8801, and should not be changed.

During the installation of ePO ,do ePO creates the database( ePO4_Servername) automatically or should i create it before.

The installer will create the DB - you will point ePO to the previous DB later in the process.

I have replaced all xml files in C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\SERVER\conf\catalina\localhost from

Program files to Program Files (x86) but i cannot see the file webapp.xml

I cannot replaces Files with Files(x86) in deployer.xml as i cannot see it(Files path).

Don't worry if you don't have webapp.xml - this is just an example. To remove confusion, I'll update the article with a file that every installation should have.

The deployer.xml file should not be edited - the KB article specifically says not to edit this file.

In the article KB71078

Step 3

Open each of the following .conf files in a text editor (Notepad) and do the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\APACHE2\conf\httpd.conf

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\APACHE2\conf\ssl.conf

Cofused : I have replaced PROGRA~1 with PROGRA~2 thats it or should i also replace Program Files (x86) with Program Files or

Program Files  with Program Files(x86)

From Step 4 to Step 9

Should i replace PROGRA~1 with PROGRA~2 and Program Files with Program Files (x86)

There should only be 8.3 notation entries in these files, so all you should have to do is replace PROGRA~1 with PROGRA~2.

Step 10

db.port was 2179 in sql 2005 so here  also would be the same port.

(but what is the SQL server TCP port 49380 during installation of ePO)

Is the ePO DB staying on the original SQL server? If so, the the port will be the same as before. If it's moving to a new SQL server then you'll need to enter the TCP port of the new SQL instance.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: ePO upgrade
            risingflight

Thanks alot for your reply,

I am struck

Step 10 at  db.properties

db.port, In SQL 2005 it was 2179, In SQL Server 2008 R2---SQL Server Configuration Manager - SQL Network Configuration- TC/IP- properties- Under IP ALL- TCP Dynamic Ports 49380,

I have replaced Port 49380 with Port 2179 Is it Correct

Enable/Start Service

I have generated SSL.CRT and then when i try to run McAfee ePO Event Parser and McAfee ePO Server Service

I am getting errors

MCAfee ePO Event Parser  Error : Windows could not start McAfee ePO4.6.5 Event Parser servies on Local Computer Error : 1068 : The dependency service or group failed to start , (I have checked SQL services and they are running and i have also restarted them)

McAfee ePO Server Service : Windows could not start the McAFee ePO4.6.5 server on local computer.

i have tried changing from lcal system account to the domain account (The account i am using is domain admin and it has full access to SQL and i did complete installation from this account).

Please do guide me

• 3. Re: ePO upgrade
              JoeBidgood

risingflight wrote:

Thanks alot for your reply,

I am struck

Step 10 at  db.properties

db.port, In SQL 2005 it was 2179, In SQL Server 2008 R2---SQL Server Configuration Manager - SQL Network Configuration- TC/IP- properties- Under IP ALL- TCP Dynamic Ports 49380,

I have replaced Port 49380 with Port 2179 Is it Correct

It depends what you what you want to do  

Do you want to make your SQL server listen on port 2179? If so, then yes, under "IP All" clear the "TCP dynamic ports" box and enter 2179 in the "TCP Port" box and then restart the SQL server.

HTH -

Joe

• 4. Re: ePO upgrade
                risingflight

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/64471

Please do refer and guide me i am struck

• 5. Re: ePO upgrade
                  risingflight

The issue seems to be resolved i have installed IIS and then edited the bindings from Port 80 to Port 81 and i have started ePO services and they are started.

I am little confused here.

• 6. Re: ePO upgrade
                    JoeBidgood

That's why I was asking for the apache logs in the other thread

You have  a port conflict - both ePO and IIS were trying to listen on (presumably) port 80, which is not possible.

Regards -

Joe