1 2 3 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 1:58 PM by exbrit

Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9

mollynoodle

This popped up during my virus scan and it will not let me quarantine it. What is it and how can I fix it?

• 1. Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9
          poppop

I had the same warning and did a search, it said it will do pop ups on your internet searches such as yahoo, I have been getting those pop ups for about two weeks and can't seem to stop them.  I did a quick scan and it came up with nothing, now I'm doing a full scan in safe mode.

• 2. Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9
            maximous45

I had a similar issue and i went to McAfee's technical support page, went to the FAQ'S and clicked on "What is Stinger and how does it work" , downloaded Stinger and ran it. Stinger took care of it.

• 3. Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9
              no1steveb

I have had the same response - C'mon McAfee, what the official line, beacause when I tried to access it form the warning pop up, McAfee said it had no knowledge..please advise

• 4. Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9
                mockturtle

Hello, may I add to this.  I was merrily browsing the internet this morning when I got a pop up about a potentially harmful program.  According to the details it appeared yesterday afternoon.  I have run a full scan,quarantined it and tried to delete it.  However, its only been partially deleted.

I can't understand where it could have come from.

Help, how do I get rid of it.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9
                  mkeev

I have had the same pop up occur (Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9). I have run numerous scans and updates and to no avail. I tried that stinger crap and it didn't find a thing. What's up Mcaffee?

• 6. Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9
                    exbrit

Artemis means it's not sure what it is and has submitted it to the labs.  You can dispute that if you wish, see here: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016  particularly the bold print regarding Artemis.

@mollynoodle, it is already in quarantine.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/02/14 9:59:26 EST AM
                    • 7. Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9
                      mkeev

I'm glad its being looked at in the lab. I don't want to dispute anything, because I don't know what it is. I just keep getting the pop up of of potentially harmful program and I don't know what it is and every time I try to quarentine it, nothing happens.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Thanks.

• 8. Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9
                        exbrit

You might be able to get more info on it in the Quarantine folder itself.    If you're using consumer software open SecurityCenter > Navigation, scroll down to Quarantined and Trusted items and expand those areas.  Stinger wouldn't have found anything if it was already detected by the anti-virus.

• 9. Re: Artemis!366BFBC6A6A9
                          mollynoodle

@Ex_Brit, sorry to ask but if it's already in quarantine, when I rescan my computer, how come it is still showing up as a potential threat? Should I delete it from the quarantine completely? Thanks, I just don't know much about dealing with this type of thing!

1 2 3 Previous Next