2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 5:11 AM by SergeM

Tablets? (Microsoft Surface Pro?)

SergeM

Hi,

We're considering allowing some tablets and I was wondering if anyone has experience with Microsoft's Surface Pro and if there are any problems, issues (performance?) with Host IPS on a Surface Pro?

If anyone has recommendations for HIPS with other Windows 8 tablets, I'm also listening.

E.g. I saw KB79624 (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79624) and understand that EEPC is (unfortunately) not supported (explanation makes sense).

Thanks a lot.

Serge

(PS: a similar question will be posted for VSE.)

Message was edited by: SergeM on 13/02/14 10:14:10 CET
        • 1. Re: Tablets? (Microsoft Surface Pro?)
          dfo

When looking at the Pro Version running on Intel I5 i would expect it to run (also run performant enough since HIP has a smaller footprint than VSE for example).

However if this is Win 8.1 you do need HIP 8 Patch 4 which is due to RTW yet.

I would not expect to have it run on the RT Version with the Nvidia Tegra Chipset.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tablets? (Microsoft Surface Pro?)
            SergeM

Thanks for the Win-8.1 details, I hadn't thought about that...

I expect it should work (intel cpu, win-8) as well.  I'm somewhat concerned about performance and battery drain.

Unfortunately it's just not possible to use any device without a valid antivirus & firewall nowadays.

Serge