What I would do in you place is this:
- Install ePO 5.1 (not 5.0.1) on a new server
- Export system tree, policies and tasks from the old epo server to the new one
- Assign polices and tasks the same as the old server
- Register the new epo server into the old one and exchange security keys
- Transfer systems from the old epo to the new one and you're done
Of course don't forget to export automated tasks, automated responses...
I dont think this is the best practice from mcafee
Possibly I'm misunderstanding the situation, but why not upgrade your existing server to 4.5.7, and then use the ePO 5.x migration tool to move to the new machine?
1. i am running out of resources(Memory Utilization) and hard disk space
2. i tried to upgrade from ePO4.5.6 to 4.5.7 but the installation is failing.
Maybe it's not a best practice from McAfee but I think it would be easier to do this way rather than build new server->install old epo version->import everything->upgrade ePO and expecting that every computer will communicate with it