2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2014 9:05 AM by Troja

Is it even possible - Agent bundled in Designer?

micmaher

Hi Folks,

Tearing my hair out here.

I'm looking to create a package that will install VirusScan 8.8 and Agent 4.6 (in Managed Mode). I plan to use it in an scripted build process we have.

I'm using Installation Designer 8.8 and I can get both Engine and Agent installed silently from the package, but I can't get the Agent to set-up in Managed Mode.

If I manually run Framepkg.exe it will install the 4.6 agent and will check-in fine to EPO.

After consulting the Installation Designer Product Guide I noticed the following statement.

"If you include an ePO agent in the installation package using the Programs option, and want to disable the single tray icon  . . ."

So I assumed that the framepkg/ePO agent should be added into Designer as a Program to run after installation. When I try this I see the following in my logs.

Existing setup program=c:\program files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe
       MSI returned error 1618: Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install 

The Agent instalaltion is then rolled back.

I've spent a couple of days searching for an answer and I can't see instructions anywhere to show if the agent can be bundled into the same package as the VirusScan engine and still check-in.

Anyone have ideas on this?

Regards,

Micmaher