2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 8:24 AM by manoj.kulkarni

Blue Screen and now won't start up.

mrb

Hi,

Laptop - Lenovo G780

OS - Windows 7

The other day I went to shut down my laptop and a message came up, which I can't quite recall but something along the lines of , don't shutdown because McAfee is installing / scanning.   So I tried to cancel but was not quick enough and Windows automatically carried on and shutdown the laptop! 

Today I go to switch it on and I get Blue Screen and then it tries a Startup Repair but that does not resolve it either. 

The Diagnosis and Repair details state.....

Rootcause found:

Unknown Bugcheck:  Bugcheck 7f  Parameters = 0x8, 0x80050033, 0x406f8, 0xfffff800035c40f1

Repair action: System files integrity check and repair

Result:  Failed.  Error Code = 0x490

Time Taken = 660399ms

I really don't want to lose some of the data on this laptop so any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Blue Screen and now won't start up.
          exbrit

My only suggestions would be to try System Restore from Safe Mode if it will allow you to boot into that mode by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up or restore the machine to factory settings, using whatever recovery options are listed in the literature that came with your machine.   Or you could try Technical Support to see if they have some ideas.   They are better qualified than we are when this sort of thing happens.  It's free by phone or online chat and is linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

• 2. Re: Blue Screen and now won't start up.
            manoj.kulkarni

Hi mrb,

Insert windows 8 installation disc and start the computer.

1.jpg

Choose to boot using CD/DVD.

Now in the Windows 8 screen, click next button.

2.png

Click on Repair your computer.

3.png

Now select Troubleshoot.

4.png

Select Advanced Options.

5.png

Select StartUp repair

6.png

Choose Windows8.

7.png

This will start diagnosing the issues and will repair the PC. Please revert back if you still face issues.