1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 3:46 PM by thunderbolt34

McAfee On-Access Scanner is a big hindrance

thunderbolt34

I downloaded McAfee Internet Security because I had a spare. For the first week, nothing was wrong, everything was well, and a bunch of potential malware were removed.

However, after that first week, MCAfee On Acess scanner program takes a huge amount of resources for such a beefy computer I have.

I run:

Intel Core i5-4570 CPU

GTX 660

8 GB 1333MHz RAM

1 TB 7200 RPM HDD

This computer is designed to be really fast and snappy, yet my daily tasks are always slower due to the fact that McAfee On-Access Scanner takes to 50% of CPU usage, I play games alot on this computer too. Normally I can run a game fine, but when I try now, the game takes forever to load and i get drastic reduction in performance- down to 2 FPS. I checked my hardware and it is running is good condition, but the process mcshield.exe is taking too much resources. It never usually did this until after a week after I got the product, and I want to keep this program on for security. Help?

PS. Games I play are multiplayer FPS'S like Battlefield 4(It usually gets 60-100 FPS on average... ichecked. )

Also easy web bvrowsing and opening of items takes much longer, something that shouldn't be happening with a wicked-fast computer.

McAfee programs are all up-to-date.

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: thunderbolt34 on 2/2/14 11:00:14 PM CST
        1 2 Previous Next