1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 10:47 AM by jmcleish

Upgrading EEPC v7 protected system with SCCM

andrewstalker

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping that somebody out there might be able to help me with adding the relavent steps into our SCCM task sequences so that we can sucessfully upgrade our EEPC protected systems from Windows XP to Windows 7 using an SCCM 2007 task sequence.

I have been doing a lot of googling on this but all of the help/advice I can find relates to systems running EEPC v6 but we have already upgraded to v7 so the only documentation I can find to follow id the official McAfee guide https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD24501

I have followed this guide step-by-step and I have prepared my Operating System .WIM file, prepared my Windows PE image, created the LockedFiles.reg file and prepared my USMT .XML file so I think I have everything ready to go.

The issue I have is within my Task Sequence I have added all of the required commandsas documented in step 16 and I can validate they all run sucessfully until section e) when the command 'EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe –ForceMBR c:\EpeMbr.dat' runs, the SCCM engine sees a return code of 1, and errors, haulting the Task Sequence before it even tries to boot into Windows PE.

I have tried a lof of different methds of running this command (running the full path to the file as a command, running the command with the 'start in' directory specified and within a package as a program) but all with the same result.

If anybody else has set this up then I would be gratefull if you could share any additional steps I may have overlooked or can offer any other advise.

I have attached the SCCMTS.log file from a PC showing the failure as well as a screenshot of the step in the TS that fails

Thank you in advance for any help

Andrew