3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 1:32 PM by rth67

Navigation Tree - Default Display

planting_acorns

When first logging into the Nitro interface, the default display on the left side is Physical Display.

Somehow, this changed to be one of the Custom Displays I created.

Question 1:  Where is the setting to change this back so the default display is once again Physical Display?

The above must be related to the next problem.

Navigate to the following:

Policy Editor ==> Rule Type Correlation ==> Adding Match Component Filter ==> The filters defined below should apply to Events ==> Add ==> Filter Component Device ID ==> In ==> On the Devices tab, the only option available is the same Custom Display from question 1 above, instead of Physical Display which previously was there.

Question 2:  How to make the Physical Display available instead of only having my Custom Display available to pick from for the Device ID filtering criteria?

• 1. Re: Navigation Tree - Default Display
          Scott Taschler

Normally the display is selected via the popup menu in the top-left corner.

display.jpg

Each user has a default display that is visible under user options (top right corner).

Scott

• 2. Re: Navigation Tree - Default Display
            planting_acorns

Thank you for the reply. However, I am not referring to changing Displays. I referring to the default Desplay which is displayed immediately after logging in.

I found the setting to change what I am referring to in the following location:

In the upper right hand corner, Options ==> Default Display

Select the preferred display from the drop down list.

As a side note, I am confirming this setting is linked to what I am referring to in question 2.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Navigation Tree - Default Display
              rth67

When you create a new custom navigation tree, there is a checkk box to make it the "Default Display" - edit the Navigation Tree item that is currently the default, and un-check the box - it should revert back to the Physical Display.

This should be a per-user setting.

This should really be under the "Options" for the user, similar to the "Views" - sounds like another PER.

Message was edited by: rth67 on 2/3/14 1:32:05 PM CST