3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 8:37 AM by manoj.kulkarni

realtime scanning is off

harish007_

my realtime scanning did off and  now it is not open, plz tell me some solution of this problem

• 1. Re: realtime scanning is off
          exbrit

I assume you are talking about the home product so I moved this to VirusScan.

With so little information it's difficult to advise but, make sure your operating system is totally up to date, including IE, even if you don't use it, as McAfee does.

Right-click the taskbar icon and select 'Check for Updates' and see if that helps.

Run the Virtual Technician to see if it finds problems and fixes them automatically:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If that fails to help then I suggest uninstalling all McAfee via Control Panel, then running the MCPR cleanup tool, rebooting and reinstalling from your online account.

If that fails try Technical Support (Monday to Friday in your area), it's free of charge by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

(If you see en email option I don't recommend you use that as it is extremely slow).

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/01/14 10:15:01 EST AM
          • 2. Re: realtime scanning is off
            selvan

Hi Harish007_

Restart your PC and wait for 3 to 5 mins. Try Opening McAfee by double clicking on M shield icon on the Desktop. See if McAfee Opens and Real time Scanning is turned ON. If not post back the version details of McAfee by clicking on About link located at the bottom right of McAfee User Interface.

• 3. Re: realtime scanning is off
              manoj.kulkarni

Harish,

Please connect your machine to internet and run McAfee Update. Once this is done real-time scanning should be running.

If this does not help, please run McAfee Virtual Technician.