1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 3:08 AM by Peacekeeper

game forum is blocked

jhenry

Why is http://www.freeforum101.com/theevildead/index.php?mforum=theevildead blocked? And how can i get it unblocked? As it is now i have to turn off my firewall to access it. :/

• 1. Re: game forum is blocked
          Peter M

You're posting under Family Protection so I assume this has something to do with Parental Controls.   The Parent or computer Administrator can allow any website in the settings.

For how to do that, open SecurityCenter then click the Help button on the right and scroll down to the appopriate section.  (Takes a while to load).

As far as the website you mentioned goes I can't see, at first glance anyway, any reason why it would be blocked, other than the fact it's a gaming forum & SiteAdvisor likes it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/01/14 7:55:14 EST AM
          • 2. Re: game forum is blocked
            jhenry

Maybe I posted in the wrong section? I added it to the allow list in parental controls and it is still blocked. I'm the owner, admin, and only user of this computer.

Here's the error message i get:

Unable to access the network

Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network.

This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly thinks Google Chromeis an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet.

Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.

If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

Error code: ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED

I get a similar error when using firefox.

And as I stated above, when i turn off the firewall it goes there just fine.

What's going on? Can you take a second glance at it please?

• 3. Re: game forum is blocked
              Peter M

That's odd but unfortunately I have no idea what it means.  I suggest Technical Support, it's free of charge by phone or online chat (don't bother with the email option if shown, it's too slow) and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

They are open 24/7.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/01/14 2:44:43 EST PM
              • 4. Re: game forum is blocked
                jhenry

• 5. Re: game forum is blocked
                  Peter M

Good luck.

• 6. Re: game forum is blocked
                    selvan

Hi jhenry,

Open McAfee User Interface > Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Click Restore Default Settings and check if it resolves the issue.( Do not try if you have too Firewall customizations)

By any chance do you use a proxy server?

Please post the version McAfee Firewall installed on your machine. (Open McAfee UI > Click About)

Edit: Try this as well McAfee UI > Web and Email > Firewall > Internet connections for programs > Search for Chrome > Edit > Full Access and Turn Off Net guard > Click Apply.

Check if the issue persists

on 1/26/14 1:47:18 PM CST
                    • 7. Re: game forum is blocked
                      jhenry

Firewall defaults restored.

No proxy server

Chrome set to full and net guard off.

Still no change in access to this one forum. If i havn't mentioned before that is the only site i have a problem with.

firewall ver. 13.8

build 13.8.718

• 8. Re: game forum is blocked
                        Peacekeeper

In the firewall settings and netguard are there any Ip addys listed as blocked. I can access forum no issues

• 9. Re: game forum is blocked
                          selvan

Hi jhenry,

I see from the version info that you have the latest Updates for McAfee Personal Firewall. I did a quick research of this website Below are the results.

1) Scanned it in VirusTotal - Came up Clean

2) Site Advisor did not block while clicking on the link however shows a Warning while entering the IP of the site directly.

3) Am unable to Ping this site (Request Timed Out)

4) Tracert results in below Image

game forum.jpg

Could you confirm if Parental controls are enabled in McAfee. If Yes disable it Temporarily  using Admin Password.

Should be SA misdetection or Website is really Suspicious. Either way we need to Request a Review for this site and wait for the Results.

1 2 Previous Next