2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 5:53 AM by frederikatsecutec

Is it possible to include a date variable into a query name for Queries & Reports?

frederikatsecutec

The goal I want to reach is to be able to send the result from a query as a pdf attachment via e-mail by means of a server task. Now that is not the problem.

The problem is I want the name of the attachment to include the date upon which is was generated.

What I know is that the Query Name = the name of the attachment. So if I want to include todays date I would need to add a date variable into the query name.

untitled1.png

What i need to know is if this train of thoughts is correct and possible and if so what this variable would be.

I have experimented with the varables used in Automatic Responses, but with no success.

Also if there is an alternative appoach to get the same result, I am all ears.

Thanks!

Frederik

Message was edited by: frederikatsecutec on 1/24/14 9:32:48 AM CST
        • 1. Re: Is it possible to include a date variable into a query name for Queries & Reports?
          yogi derek

You can achieve it by creating a report first with the required query, and to include the date you can add it in Automatic response for email.

I've never read about using a variable in query sections though.

• 2. Re: Is it possible to include a date variable into a query name for Queries & Reports?
            frederikatsecutec

I have a lot of questions about what you propose:

- Automatic Response is triggerd by an event. How would you trigger it and what event would you use?

- How would you be able to include the report attachment into an Automatic Response e-mail message? AR is only capable of  starting a Server task, but the server task itself is still running independent from the Automatic Response operation. Also, the e-mail functionality whithin the Server Task component does not support AR variables. (tested it)

- How does this include a date notation in the report file name?

Unless somebody can tell me it is possible to reach the aforementioned goal, I think ePO does not currently offer this functionality and if one should want to have it included, it will have be requested via PER and nobody knows how long that will take if ever...

Message was edited by: frederikatsecutec on 2/4/14 5:53:05 AM CST