3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 8:38 AM by Pritish

How do I add a new network connection with McAfee AntiVirus Plus?

aashland19

Since the last Mcafee AntiVirus Plus update, I can no longer find where I can add a new network connection. I want to add my new printer to the list of networked IP addresses, because the Firewall is blocking me from my new printer. It used to be under "Settings"- "Connections" I think, but I can't find it there anymore. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: How do I add a new network connection with McAfee AntiVirus Plus?
          catdaddy

Hi aashland 19,

I have McAfee Total Protection, however if your subscription is current and latest Version of

Anti-Virus Plus. Your Interface should reveal the same. You can locate (My Network Connections) after clicking on (Firewall) and scrolling down until you see it.  "Or"

Simply open your Security Center, and at the top (Right) Left click on (Help)

Next window on the (left) side of the window, click on ( Help) again. This will

open the McAfee Feature Help Pane.

Scroll down and click on the arrow beside ( Personal Firewall)

This will open further selections. Scroll down a bit further and click on the arrow beside

(Managing PC Connections) then select "Add a PC connection" by following the instructions.

On further thought..Have you opened your ( Firewall / Internet connections for Programs ) and checked if it is listed

and has (Full Access) ?

In addition, make certain you have the appropiate ports open in your ( Ports and System Services )

Hope this helped...

Regards,

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 1/20/14 5:42:20 PM CST

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 1/20/14 5:50:49 PM CST

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 1/20/14 6:58:16 PM CST
          • 2. Re: How do I add a new network connection with McAfee AntiVirus Plus?
            selvan

Hi aashland19,

Try the below steps and post back the Outcome..!

Connect the Printer and Configure using USB cable only for the first time after which you will be able to Print Wirelessly.

Open McAfee User Interface > Web and Email Protection > FireWall > Settings > My Network Connections > Add the IP address (range) of your Printer and set to Home > Click Apply.

Now you should be able to Print.

Regards

• 3. Re: How do I add a new network connection with McAfee AntiVirus Plus?
              Pritish

Hi aashland19,

Please let us know if you have tried to add the IP address of the Printer and/or opened the Port that your printer is currently using for communication.

You need to do the both in McAfee firewall. Please let us know if you have tried these steps as per the previous posts from Chinthanai Selvan.

If your issue is resolved or if you are still facing the same issue, please post back with the current status and we will be able to help you further.

Regards

Pritish P.