5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2014 7:48 AM by provalki

Problems after changing domain, cannot complete database configuration

provalki

We are expanding a network and we are now testing it in a test setup. We have changed the domain in which the epolicy orchestrator (4.6) server resides.

Since then, we have been unable to login to the console. The error given were:

- The Local Event Parser service is not running

- A database error occurred while getting license information make sure your database server is currently running

I think the problem is the login information and domain, I followed the advice in this article and had to use solution 3.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb69850

It all seems to work, as can be seen in the enclosed screenshot, except that the Apply button stays greyed out after the connection is successfully tested.

At first I suspected Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration, as it warned that it had blocked certain content, but disabling it didn't help and I re-enabled it again.

The SQL server is hosted on the same machine as epolicy orchestrator.

I'm doubtful this is the only problem, but it would be a great step forward if I could at least update the login information.

Is anyone familiar with this problem and able to help?

Message was edited by: provalki - clarified that IE IESC has been re-enabled. on 1/20/14 9:28:13 AM CST