3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 10:05 AM by justformartymar

Mcafee Epo 5.0.0 fails deployment to all systems

nyahhelatt
      1/20/14 4:10:08 PMStarted: Sent Run Now task "McAfee Agent > Product Deployment" to "TR503"
      1/20/14 4:10:29 PMRun now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment received.
      1/20/14 4:10:41 PMRun now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment started.
      1/20/14 4:17:18 PMRun now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment failed.
      Details: SITEADV_3500 installation failed
      VIRUSCAN8800 installation failed.

What do i do im lost for idea????

• 1. Re: Mcafee Epo 5.0.0 fails deployment to all systems
          rgc

Hi Myahhelatt,

As you mentioned the EPO is 5.0.0 ( Base version), it looks need to update the registry fix as per KB78686.

There is a known issue with EPO 5.0.0, were the epo converts to evaluation mode after 90 days with 5.0.0.

The article direct link: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78686

Please follow the article and restart the epo services and try again...

Regards,

RGC

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Mcafee Epo 5.0.0 fails deployment to all systems
            nyahhelatt

HI rgc,

Thanks for the reply it helped alot, so i have upgraded to 5.1.0 (bulid 509) and getting this error, does any1 knnow what it means????

1/21/14 5:53:59 PMStarted: Sent Run Now task "McAfee Agent > Product Deployment" to "TR415"
            1/21/14 5:54:06 PMRun now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment received.
            1/21/14 5:54:30 PMRun now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment started.
            1/21/14 5:55:00 PMRun now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment failed.
            Details: VIRUSCAN8800 installation failed.
            • 3. Re: Mcafee Epo 5.0.0 fails deployment to all systems
              justformartymar

I am having a similar issue.  I have ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.0 (Build: 509).  This week I got a user stating that she was getting a popup:

I removed her PC from EPO Server to uninstall McAfee.  When i went to deploy McAfee again I got the following results:

Capture.PNG

I looked at the key from the registry fix mentioned in KB78686.  My key is set to the following:

Capture1.PNG

and it goes on, to large to post here. 

My question is, the KB article states that a fix was implemented in EPO Server 5.0.1 and I am currently on 5.1.0

Should I  try ti fix even though I'm at a newer version, or do I have different issue?