2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2014 1:02 PM by edythe RSS

McAfee I.S. vs Norton nis-

edythe

Hello - new to McAfee - came preloaded with new PC so decided to stay with the product never used it before  ... i realize people on this board are in favor of McAfee but wondering if anyone else left Norton and why .... thanks in advance ! (hope i can navigate back here - LOL)   regards to all - Edythe

• 1. Re: McAfee I.S. vs Norton nis-
          Ex_Brit

Edythe,

I moved this to General Discussion as probably a better spot.  I can't help you as I never used their security software but from online reading and comments here and there in these forums it boils down to personal choice I think.   I've read their forums and quite honestly, the same issues seem to crop up with  both brands at some time or another.  All I know is McAfee is pretty highly rated at the moment.   Soon the brand name itself will be replaced by Intel, who bought the company in 2011, but that will take a while to happen.   

I'm an unpaid volunteer by the way. 

Good luck ;-)

• 2. Re: McAfee I.S. vs Norton nis-
            edythe

OK found new area - thanks for replying - Interesting about Intel - good to know!  and i know you're so right - personal choice - each company has it's loyals - and i did see McAfee was within the top 10 ... thanks again !  Edythe