3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2014 8:35 AM by Pritish

Removing Parental Control and Anti Theft Service on a Sony VAIO Pro

dddd

Hello,

by searching on the internet I found McAfee forums and some threads about removing unwanted software.

Could you please take control of my laptop and uninstall Anti-Theft + Parental Control programs ?

Thanks in advance

dddd

• 1. Re: Removing Parental Control and Anti Theft Service on a Sony VAIO Pro
          Peter M

Someone from Support will hopefully post here regarding Anti-Theft although dedicated MAT support is  as follows for your area:

From France, dial: 0805-540-908
          Language: French
          Support hours: 09:00 - 18:00 Local, Monday - Friday

Depuis la France, composez le: 0805-540-908
          Langue: français
          Heures d'assistance: 9h00-1800 heure locale, du lundi au vendredi

Parental Controls can be uninstalled in the normal manner via Control Panel provided you have the Administrator account details/password etc.

I have alerted my contact in Support regarding MAT.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/01/14 2:17:13 EST PM
          • 2. Re: Removing Parental Control and Anti Theft Service on a Sony VAIO Pro
            selvan

Hi dddd,

Navigate to the list of Installed Programs and Right click McAfee Family Protection > Choose Uninstall > Let us know if the App uninstalls successfully.

Secondly we need to check if your device is enrolled with Anti-theft Service before uninstalling it.

Run the ESU tool from the below link and post back the status whether it is enrolled or not..

The ESU tool can be downloaded from this link

For more info on how to use this utility click on this link

Post the screenshot of the results for proceeding further...!

• 3. Re: Removing Parental Control and Anti Theft Service on a Sony VAIO Pro
              Pritish

Hi dddd,

I see that you were advised to run the ESU tool to know the status of the Anti-theft service on your computer. We haven't heard from you after that. Please let us know the current status of your issue.

If you are still facing this issue, please provide us with the screen shot of the result that you get when you run the ESU tool.

Regards

Pritish P.