1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2014 10:13 AM by JoeBidgood

Problems with update task

spongetron

I have an update Task that updates the DAT file and Engine on the  managed systems. For some computers this task does not seem to work, i  get the following error:

Fehler beim Aktualisieren auf Version 5600.1067. (in english something like "Error while updating to version XXXX")

Fehler beim Aktualisieren auf Version 7318.0000. (in english something like "Error while updating to version XXXX")

The systems with this error then have no scan engine and no DAT, both are shown as version 0.0000 and the on access scanner is deactivated. If I uninstall VSE and reinstall the versions are correct, but after a couple of days the same problem appears again and the versions are 0 again!

If I modify the update task to only update the DAT file the computers have no problems updating the DAT and always show the current Version, also the on access scanner stays active. But then again the engine stays on Version 0.0000!

I have no clue why this is happening perhaps some of you guys can point me in the right direction.

We use the following versions:

- Agent 4.8.0.887

- VSE 8.8.0.975

- ePO 5.0.1

Thanks for your help.