1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2014 7:30 AM by SafeBoot RSS

Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file

jfk75

I need to decrypt secondary HDD (first, boot was formatted) usin Saftech 5.1.7.0. The EE soft was in ver. 5.2.x.

I have got from my IT .sdb file for my machine, but when I try to decrypt the disk I have error e0020005.

Moreover, in disk info I see:

Alg ID:00000000

Database ID: 00000000

SBFS Sector Map: 00000000000

SBFS Sector Map Count: 0000000000000000

Key Check: 3B6E431674614BD6

What may I do in that situation? Please help.

Message was edited by: jfk75 on 1/10/14 3:01:53 PM CST
        • 1. Re: Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file
          SafeBoot

You need the same version of Safetech which matches your machine.

• 2. Re: Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file
            jfk75

Thank you @SafeBoot for interesting in my problem. The situation is more complicated, so please let me to explain.

1. I am not really sure, that the error is the result of lower version of Safeboot CD than the EEPC which HDD was encrypted. I used the same CD to decrypt and remove EEPC from another HDD encypted with EEPC 5.2. It was successful. But I think problem is more complicated.

2. I have had laptop with 2 SATA HDDs inside -1st with Win7 (one partition), bootable, 2nd - only with data (one partition) (both were internal disks). Both encrypted with EEPC 5.2.11.6 (.11.6 - I think it was that verion due to the EEPC client's files version, eg. SafeBoot.sys, 5, 2, 11, 6, but some of files are 5.2.0.3). I was not aware that 2nd HDD is encryped and decided to formated and reinstalled Win7 on 1st HDD. Of course, 2nd disk asked me to format and was with 0GB size . Due to EEPC in my corporation is automatically installed, the EEPC started to encrypt the 2nd disk once again....because it was still in laptop.

I booted Safeboot CD from our IT, and having both HDDs attached I was able using password to remove EEPC from both disks (but of course 2nd was encrypted first time before, so I  removed, I think 2nd encrytion on the disk). This operation finished successfully for both disks, but the 2nd disk's info is as I mentioned  :

Alg ID:00000000

Database ID: 00000000

SBFS Sector Map: 00000000000

SBFS Sector Map Count: 0000000000000000

Key Check: 3B6E431674614BD6

I know that Alg ID should be 00000012, Database ID - I am not sure...

I asked for SDB file for my machine key when I encrypted the HDD first time (due to AD policy the first encryption was on machine with name "machine1", ths second encryption (after reinstallation of OS) on machine "machine2"). I have SDB for "machine1".

When I try to Authenticat the disk with SDB I have got followed error e00200005....

Is it possible to reconfigure sectors on my HDD to decrypt it? Is possible decrypt it anyway, when the HDD was encrypted two times?

Message was edited by: jfk75 on 1/11/14 4:34:51 AM CST
            • 3. Re: Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file
              SafeBoot

Exactly what option are you using to get this error? There's nothing useful on the hard disk any more, you need to load everything from the correct sdb file.

I'm not sure what you mean by "authenticate the disk"

• 4. Re: Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file
                jfk75

After the authorization using day code, I choose from menu option "Authenticate with database" (something like that). I get window to point drive with SDB file (my is on Removable Media - USB). I select SDB file, next window with the name of my machine - it is my machine, and OK. The next window is with Error code 0xe0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm.

As I mentioned, the sdb file is from machine I first time encrypted the HDD. May I need sdb from machine, when second encryption was performed?

Message was edited by: jfk75 on 1/11/14 4:54:09 PM CST
                • 5. Re: Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file
                  SafeBoot

Are you sure the safetech disk you are using was created from the eem your sdb file came from? It sounds like it's from some other system using a different algorithm.

• 6. Re: Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file
                    jfk75

No, it is 100% not from the system. So, I should ask my IT to deliver me the tool from my EEM? I do it ASAP. Thank you for your intersting, when I will get safetech and try decrypt my disk, I inform you immediately.

• 7. Re: Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file
                      jfk75

@Safeboot, I  have proper Safetech CD. SDB file has been acceppted by Safetech, So I am Authorized and Authenticated. In F43 file manager HDD is empty with 0GB size.

What should I do now? Choose Disk -> Crypt Sectors? And start decrypting sectors from 0 to the last sector or from 2048 to the last (partition starts from 2048 sector as I see in Disk Info)???

Message was edited by: jfk75 on 1/12/14 10:34:14 AM CST

Message was edited by: jfk75 on 1/12/14 10:39:19 AM CST
                      • 8. Re: Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file
                        SafeBoot

Decrypt the partition range after confirming the key works for the first and last sector (using the workspace to test decrypt)

• 9. Re: Error e0020005 Unsupported encryption algorithm when decrypt secondary HDD with .sdb file
                          jfk75

It is still sad to write, but unsuccessful.

I did:

1. I loaded to workspace sector 2048 and decryped workspace. I could read in the right column a text "MBR compressed Pres Ctrl+Alt+Delete..." something like this. The same was  for last sector 1250260991

2. I started decrypt my disk: Disk -> Crypt sectors -> Decrypt start: 2048, count: 1250258943. After about 8h I saw "Decryption successful"

3. In A43 file manager disk is RAW, 0kB size, under Windows asks for format, of course I can't see anything of my data....

What is interesting, when I want to authenticate disk using database (sdb), it is successful not every time. I have had to try click "Authenticate from database" -> choose a sdb file -> OK several times to authenticate. When it is unsuccessful, i still get error e00200005 "Unsupported encrypt algorithm".

1 2 Previous Next