2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 6:00 AM by SCtbe

Upgrade the McAfee Agent 4.6 to the latest version 4.8 & patch1 on server and client

karthik R

Hi Team,

How to Upgrade the McAfee Agent 4.6 to the latest version 4.8 & patch1 on server and client

Thanks

Karthik R

• 1. Re: Upgrade the McAfee Agent 4.6 to the latest version 4.8 & patch1 on server and client
          chares

Hi Karthik,

depends on how you want to do it.

from ePO, the 2 easy ways are the following:

1.- Through Deploy

I.- Load the McAfee Agent package into the master repository, and update the extensions of the Agent, trough the extensions menu.

II.- re-deploy the agents by selecting the computers, deploy agent, and select to reinstall the agent even if there's one detected.

2.- Through client task

I.- Load the McAfee Agent package into the master repository, and update the extensions of the Agent, trough the extensions menu.

II.- Create a client task trough the client task catalog, for an "install" type, and when selecting the product for the task, select McAfee Agent 4.8.0.887.

III.- Execute the client task by selecting the computers, run client task now, and select the install task you created on step II.

Optional: you can also assign the installation task to your system tree, using a schedule, to try and install the agent every some hours, to catch the mobile users.

I hope it helps,

Cheers,

• 2. Re: Upgrade the McAfee Agent 4.6 to the latest version 4.8 & patch1 on server and client
            SCtbe

Hello,

Do not upgrade to MA 4.8 Patch 1 as it contains issues which will prevent from communication with ePO untill MA Framework service restart. Instead go directly to 4.8 Patch 2.

These issues are described in Release notes for 4.8.2 and not in Known issues KB78526 for 4.8.1. I also observed this by myself, when I figured out that system restart was required after upgrade (obvoiusly also restarts MA service), where normally restart is not required after MA installtion/upgrade. Later I found this issue resolved in MA 4.8.2.

PS.: There are other very important fixes in MA 4.8.2 like missing events for offline detected threats.

Regards.