5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 4:54 AM by rackroyd

epo logging

hon

if my client cannot communicate with epo only one client how can i collect log file to debug it. which log i should see or if i need to escalate case to support what i should collect and send to them

• 1. Re: epo logging
          rackroyd

Support will guide you through what might be needed from the client machine if you speak to them.

• 2. Re: epo logging
            ays

you can use "mer.exe". Run  it on your computer. Select criteria that you want. You can collect all the logs abouth your machine.

• 3. Re: epo logging
              chares

To make a diagnosis do the following from the client machine:

A.- Ping the ePO server to see if it replies.

B.- trace the ePO server to verify routing.

C.- Validate trough telnet that your client/server ports respond on the ePO server, and from the server to see if the client responds.

the agent log is the one called "agent_MACHINENETBIOSNAME.log"

the agent update log is called "UPDATERUI_MACHINENETBIOSNAME.LOG"

Depending on your OS, the location is different, most commonly inside the documents and settings user folder, inside either program data or local data.

I Hope it helps,

Cheers,

• 4. Re: epo logging
                ays

If you couldn't find anything on log, one of the solution is uninstall epo and mcafee agent on your system and then install again. i can solve many problem with uninstall..

• 5. Re: epo logging
                  rackroyd

With respect to the MER tool mentioned please read support article:

KB59385 - How to use MER tools with supported McAfee products