Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
292 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2014 11:44 AM by anvin0001 RSS
anvin0001 Newcomer 36 posts since
Jun 5, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 5, 2014 8:05 AM

VSE 8.8 Scheduled Daily Memory Scans?

Since I do not use my PC most of the time during the day, just when I need to research, browse the net, opening my emails, then is a scheduled daily memory scan really neccessary in that case?

I do use my PC, but it is not on all day. And I keep it turned off when I do not use it.

Or, should I just shcedule a daily scan anyways just to be on the safe side?

Also, should I check RUN IF MISSED checkbox as well or should I leave that blank?

Thanks

• petersimmons McAfee Employee 230 posts since
    Dec 22, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 5, 2014 6:14 PM (in response to anvin0001)
    Re: VSE 8.8 Scheduled Daily Memory Scans?

You should perform this scan for ALL machines once per day under normal circumstances. There is never a time when you don't do this. (During Outbreaks we increase this to once per hour if we're trying to erradicate a pesky virus.)

I would recommend that you run this with settings like "Every day at Noon -and- Run Missed Task" that way you always get it. Also, if you are only scanning memory then this scan takes about 30 seconds on a PC built in the last 3-4 years. Since it isn't touching any disk, it will have no discernable impact.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points