Just found out that the maine core application Mcafee Mobile Security is NOT compatible with ipad IOS software, so back to PCWorld we go. Really angry now..
Apple only allows certain outside security apps in iOS I'm afraid.
Sorry you found out the hard way. If it's not in the App Store then it doesn't apply to your tablet.
You can obtain a refund I am sure.
Contact Customer Service if you have a problem through the link under Useful Links at the top of this page - it's free by phone.
Thanks for your reply Peter, I'm going back to pcworld tomorrow to try for a refund, fingers crossed I will be successful as it was sold to me specifically for my iPad mini. The guy obviously doesn't have a clue sadly!
They should know that you can only install stuff on an (uncracked) iOS device that comes via Apple iTunes App Store. The only elements of LiveSafe that can be used in iOS are Safekey (centralized password protection) and Personal Locker (secure backups),
In Apple, the main components are only for the MAC OSx 10.7+.
From LiveSafe's System Requirements:
- Windows 8 (32– and 64–bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32– and 64–bit)
- Windows XP SP3 (32–bit)
- Windows Vista SP1 (32– and 64–bit)
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Google Android smartphones and tablets 2.3 and 4.0 (runs on Kindle Fire Devices)
- iOS 5 or higher (supported by McAfee LiveSafe SafeKey and McAfee LiveSafe Personal Locker)
I say uncracked and I don't recommend otherwise.