4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 8:07 PM by Peter M

Invalid download Page - Live Safe

afoxcroft

I have just bought an ipad mini and I am trying to install Live Safe. I have sent an activation email and I am trying to download the application to my ipad but when I select download now from the email and then follow the prompts to download I get a page asking me to agree to the terms and conditions. I select I agree but then get an error message stating "Cannot Open Page - safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid" Please can someone help or do I need to go back to PCWorld. Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Invalid download Page - Live Safe
          afoxcroft

Just found out that the maine core application Mcafee Mobile Security is NOT compatible with ipad IOS software, so back to PCWorld we go. Really angry now..

• 2. Re: Invalid download Page - Live Safe
            Peter M

Apple only allows certain outside security apps in iOS I'm afraid.

Sorry you found out the hard way.   If it's not in the App Store then it doesn't apply to your tablet.

You can obtain a refund I am sure.

Contact Customer Service if you have a problem through the link under Useful Links at the top of this page - it's free by phone.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/01/14 6:22:28 EST PM
            • 3. Re: Invalid download Page - Live Safe
              afoxcroft

Thanks for your reply Peter, I'm going back to pcworld tomorrow to try for a refund, fingers crossed I will be successful as it was sold to me specifically for my iPad mini. The guy obviously doesn't have a clue sadly!

• 4. Re: Invalid download Page - Live Safe
                Peter M

They should know that you can only install stuff on an (uncracked) iOS device that comes via Apple iTunes App Store.  The only elements of LiveSafe that can be used in iOS are Safekey (centralized password protection) and Personal Locker (secure backups),

In Apple, the main components are only for the MAC OSx 10.7+.

From LiveSafe's System Requirements:

• Windows 8 (32– and 64–bit)
                • Windows 8.1 (32- and 64-bit)
                • Windows 7 (32– and 64–bit)
                • Windows XP SP3 (32–bit)
                • Windows Vista SP1 (32– and 64–bit)
                • Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
                • Google Android smartphones and tablets 2.3 and 4.0 (runs on Kindle Fire Devices)
                • iOS 5 or higher (supported by McAfee LiveSafe SafeKey and McAfee LiveSafe Personal Locker)

I say uncracked and I don't recommend otherwise.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/01/14 9:07:09 EST PM