5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 8:54 AM by Regis

Agent Deployment

belaleid

hi all.

happy new year to all and wish all the best.

i have an issue with the agent  deployment. some machines have the most current and updated versions while others do not. sam policy is applied on all machines. the last commnuication in all machines are the same. how can i make sure that the agent is installed and updated on all machines? any ideas?

• 1. Re: Agent Deployment
          Peter M

I moved this provisionally from Home/VirusScan to Business/ePO for better support.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/01/14 7:51:10 EST AM
          • 2. Re: Agent Deployment
            belaleid

thanks, i have moved it

• 3. Re: Agent Deployment
              Sathish L

You can get those details in McAfee agent's Dashboard or "Queries & Report".

• 4. Re: Agent Deployment
                ProfessorMadman

You can upgrade older management agents by creating a McAfee Agent: Deployment task that installs the latest build of the McAfee Agent present in your master repository.  Older agents will upgrade themsevles, except for older Windows 2000 systems, which has to remain on McAfee Agent 4.0.  Alternatively, you can just do a "force install" when pushing the new agent over the top of the older ones, but this is more time consuming than just having an automated client task do it for you.

Regards,

Jaco

• 5. Re: Agent Deployment
                  Regis

Belal Kayied wrote:

hi all.

happy new year to all and wish all the best.

i have an issue with the agent  deployment. some machines have the most current and updated versions while others do not. sam policy is applied on all machines. the last commnuication in all machines are the same. how can i make sure that the agent is installed and updated on all machines? any ideas?

A report via Queries and Reports is nice.  Shared Groups> McAfee AGent > Agent Versions Summary  might be a decent starting point. 

I like to have the info at a glance especially when doing agent migrations or upgrades though.

In the system tree,   do in the bottom middle click on  Actions>  Choose Columns  and add Agent Product Version   to the list of displayed columns right there in the system tree view.