3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 3:35 AM by Peter M

Unable to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player

ngreenw1

Can someone please help on what is probably user error.  I'm trying to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (Version 11.9.900.170) and am unable to do so, even though my system requirements are valid.  After clicking the 'install now' option, the 'initializing' pop up window appears and then it jumps straight to a screen which states if you encounter any issues downloading flash player, then click here.  The hyperlink takes me to a screen with 2 steps to successfully download flashplayer, but unfortunately I don't even get to step 1 before the issues screen pops up.

I am running McAfee Total Protection and was wondering if this could be causing the issue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Unable to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
          Peter M

What operating system and what browser are you using?   Normally, if you are downloadfing it directly from Adobe.com, there should be no problem.

In Total Protection/SecurityCenter under "PC and Home Network Tools" you will find something caled "Vulnerability Scanner".  If you run that it will tell you what you need and will download and install it for you.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/01/14 4:32:10 EST AM
          • 2. Re: Unable to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
            catdaddy

If I may add to both correct statements Ex_Brit made, once you get past the "Initializing" stage of the (Manual)

download, you have the option of allowing "Adobe,s Auto Update Service" to automatically update and install silently (Each month) normally available on every second Tuesday of each month ( Update Tuesday).

When your McAfee Personal Firewall prompts you for access, (Allow always).

In addition, please pay close attention to the (Optional Software) that is offered as well. You have the perogative to (uncheck) this if you wish. This way you are self-assured that you are installing (only) the most current version of Adobe Flash Player.

Adobe is notorious in (Bundling) various types of software with their Downloads. Although they are not deemed Malicious, the majority of the time consumers choose to not have installed them unintentionally.

Regards,

CatDaddy

It is also very important to make certain all of your (Windows Updates) are current to include Internet Explorer (11)

As Ex_Brit constantly stipulates, even if it is not your (Default) Browser of choice. Lots of programs depend on it to function properly

to include McAfee, other browsers and even Adobe Flash Player.

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 1/8/14 9:18:20 PM CST
            • 3. Re: Unable to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
              Peter M

Moved this out of Community to  General Discussion for better support.