2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2014 7:57 AM by rrogers Branched from an earlier discussion.

tulsaworld.com SiteAdvisor warnings

rrogers

I'm purposely on This Thread..and  was glad to see (your comment) regarding enigma in Blacklist versus (still being presented as Green etc.).

My local Newspaper, Tulsa World.com is  (Google) loaded with GreenChecks...in EVERY catagory, yet is impossible to navigate without various McAfee Warnings.

What's going on? (This morning..even Microsoft-for the 1st time-presented a TrojanWarningRemovalScreen)

Message was edited by: rrogers on 12/28/13 10:05:01 AM CST
        • 1. Re: tulsaworld.com SiteAdvisor warnings
          Hayton

New topic/new website : new thread.

SiteAdvisor is Green for tulsaworld.com on my machine but the website is crammed with advertising from third-party sources. That may be the problem. Abine is blocking 8 tracking companies and AdBlock is blocking 18 advertisements, and the resource list still shows a whole load of material on the site - including javascript - that I would prefer not to allow through.

I would need to see screenshots of the (SiteAdvisor/Microsoft) warnings to take this any further.

• 2. Re: tulsaworld.com SiteAdvisor warnings
            rrogers

Sir:

Having full confidence in your comments regarding www.tulsaworld.com...I have been, since..gingerly navigating-thru (my daily hometown newspaper). This very morning..my viewing was interrupted by a Huge Screen that read "This Site Is Unsafe For Your Computer-complete with large "X" pictured, et.c, etc. giving me an option to click GoBackToYourHomeScreen..which I promptly did.

Being that I didn't dwell long on such an ominous-looking screen..I didn't see WHO initiated it (my Google screen again showed all Green Checks).

MS Windows suggestion, maybe?

Sincerely.