3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 11:41 AM by santoro

docdriza

Does anyone know what credentials to use in order to log directly into the event receiver?

I went to my KVM > went to the reciever > hit Alt+F2

I used root and NGCP as the usernames

I tried using the default security password, and an my NGCP password.

My recievers are on version 9.3.2

Thanks.

Message was edited by: docdriza on 12/27/13 3:15:23 PM CST
        • 1. Re: Log into an event receiver
          Scott Taschler

The user ID will be "root".

Password would have been set at the time you keyed the Receiver to your ESM.

Scott

• 2. Re: Log into an event receiver
            docdriza

Holy ****!

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much time you just saved me.

I think its proper to give some context to this question for just in case someone else runs into this issue.

As a result of doing some testing, I ended up deleting one of my recievers. I was not able to simply re-add the reciever through the wizard. I called support and the told me I had to follow the instructions of the KB article below to run a recovery CD.

http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74836

Once this part is done I would have had to boot to the CD or USB stick and run the command below:

cat /etc/NitroGuard/factory-id_rsa.pub > /root/.ssh/authorized_keys2

Luckily I was still able to ssh to the reciever, I just wasnt sure what the credentials were. Once I was able to use the root credentials specified in the answer, I was able to run the comand above, and re-add the reciever.

Message was edited by: docdriza on 12/30/13 1:04:25 PM CST
            • 3. Re: Log into an event receiver
              santoro

Hi Scott,

I added Mcafee event Receiver within the ESM, but can not generate device and password key. See the error screen, please. Any suggestion?

Thanks.