2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2013 11:59 PM by stall

Starnge problems with LDAP server registration.

stall

Hi all and sorry for my english

We use ePo 5.1.0 Build 509 (latest available) and lately we have problems with the registration our AD server.

In "Registered Servers" i create new LDAP Server, Server Type "Active Directory" (we use 2008 R2 AD mode), enter the domain name (full DNS name) user name, password, site, etc/

After pressing Test Connection i get this error: "Query returned no domain controller records. Verify the server has at least one domain controller and the user has required permissions."

In orion.log we have here such records:

2013-12-24 20:06:45,403 WARN  [http-bio-8443-exec-23] internal.LdapConnectionImpl  - Unable to retrieve any records using query '(servicePrincipalName=*)'.

2013-12-24 20:06:45,403 WARN  [http-bio-8443-exec-23] ldap.LdapAction  - Query returned no domain controller records. Verify the server has at least one domain controller and the user has required permissions.

I can not understand what the problem is.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Starnge problems with LDAP server registration.
          meforum

Hi,

just try to enter the name (FQDN) of a domain controller and enter username+password that is allowed to read LDAP (standard user will do).

If you instead use the domainname / site thing you may have problems. Not sure why, but I guess it's doing some broadcast to get a valid DC for the domain you entered - and fore some reason this doesn't always work (maybe need the short name - so doing a NETBIOS query for DC???).

I usally enter the DC directly - as mentioned above (without "site").

• 2. Re: Starnge problems with LDAP server registration.
            stall

I already tried connect directly to the DC server, without the use of site and domain name, the same result: Query returned no domain controller records. Verify the server has at least one domain controller and the user has required permissions