1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 10:25 AM by Laszlo G

use ePO to monitor virusscan update and block some workstations

j4bz

Hello

I installed ePO 5.0 for a client an added virusscan 8 and others products, everything worked great, but after all deployment the client asked about some monitor and features that I'm not sure where they are or even exist. First, in ePO where can I see a message saying something like "all antivirus databases are updating" an shows the date for each workstation?, other question was, "can I block a work station from the ePO console, an example of this scenario is: "a worker here is going to leave the company and to avoid to erase all the information he got on he's computer, block the workstation, so he can't do nothing, like the freeze the machine" I explaine he can do some rule with DLP but he asked for a "button" called BLOCK" so I can't answered that, and the last question he got was "there's some product to add  that says if one machine have all Windows updates or outdate and it can be add to ePO console?

• 1. Re: use ePO to monitor virusscan update and block some workstations
          Laszlo G

Hi j4bz, there are different answers:

in ePO where can I see a message saying something like "all antivirus databases are updating" an shows the date for each workstation?

You can use the "VSE: DAT Deployment" query inside ePO; this will tell you te deployed DAT into your computers.

can I block a work station from the ePO console

Not as far as i know, you can use drive encryption so the user won't be able to log into the machine without proper permissions but the computer must be connected to ePO so it can get the "revoke permissions" policy but there's no "BLOCK" button.

there's some product to add  that says if one machine have all Windows updates or outdate and it can be add to ePO console

Perhaps this can ve covered by Vulnerability Manager, maybe someone that has used it can tell more

1 of 1 people found this helpful