3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 3:58 PM by jfults

Experiences thus far with 7.6.1 ?

Regis

Any fellow customers care to share their experiences with 7.6.1?      Its enhanced TLS feature and unscannable content features solve some problems we're having, but our experience with .1's of major branch releases has not been too great.

I'm curious if any other  users made the jump?   How's it been?     If you're on it, I'd be curious to know your environment size and appliance count, and whether you leverage clustering or not.

Thanks in advance for any experience sharing.

• 1. Re: Experiences thus far with 7.6.1 ?
          Regis

Would love to hear from anyone running 7.6.1, even in test.

• 2. Re: Experiences thus far with 7.6.1 ?
            jmickley

Hi Regis,

Although I cannot attest to people's experience in production, I can say that I have been running it in the lab here and the new features are pretty solid.  Above and beyond the enhanced TLS options and unscannable content, it has enhanced notifications which gives you the ability to create as many notifications per policy as you want with much more granularity than 7.0 or 7.5.  It also has policy exceptions which could definitely help clean up your policies page if it is rather cluttered.

One thing to keep in mind is that 7.6 is a controlled release and will require you to perform upgrades more frequently than being on a .0 or .5 release.  If you are okay with that, then 7.6 may be a viable option for you.

If you have not seen them yet, you can find the release notes for 7.6 here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD24701

I will try to come to these forums more often to try to answer questions to the best of my abilities.

--Jake

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Experiences thus far with 7.6.1 ?

Hi Regis,

Also McAfee runs MEG5500 appliances with 7.6.1 in production at present for scanning and delivery.  We have quite a few Platinum customers who use MEG 7.6.1 in production as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

John

1 of 1 people found this helpful