Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
577 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 20, 2014 8:49 PM by cathyhill RSS
bogdan.clej Newcomer 14 posts since
Sep 14, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 11, 2013 3:16 AM

PDF tagging for PDFs resulted from a  webaplication

HI,

I am trieing to tagg PDFs exported form an web application. And they are not tagged.

For better understaning the problem is like this: I got an webapplication that  outputs .docxs and pdfs.

I made a web application definiton pointing that application url, and a tagging rule to tagg all the files that are exported from that webapplication.

When I export docx file form that webapplication, the filles are tagged as it should be. OK, until here.

When I export pdfs,they are not !

Are some problems with that type of file ? Some solution limitation ?

I am using a DLPE 9.3 system managed by an ePO4.6.6 instance.

Thanking you,

• cathyhill Newcomer 6 posts since
    Nov 28, 2013

Please allow me to ask one question. You said you want to export a tagged PDF from web application and the tagged PDF does not refer to "Tagged PDF (PDF 1.4) is a stylized use of PDF that builds on PDF's logical structure framework.", right? So I wonder what is your tagging rule?

Besides, compared to word file, PDF may need special permission to read and process PDF. So I think maybe you need to get the permission to access PDF file first. But this is just my personal assumption and I did not know whether it is right.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points