2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 8:46 AM by jefbaugh

Out of Band actions as a policy

jefbaugh

Is there a way to enable OOB actions like perm PBA unlock via policy? Or is there a way to assign it to a tag?

It seems like a management nightmare since there is no way to track what status the PBA is in after you send the command and it succeeds. 

• 1. Re: Out of Band actions as a policy
          cllapole

Not sure if you have found this by now, or if this is all the help you need...  But under Queries and Reports there is the query called 'EE: Out-of-band action queue'.  Running that shows you the list of pending and permanent OOB actions.  If the 'persistence' is only a single event and not permanent, it will fall out of the queue after it has completed.  That is the short description, but hopefully that helps get you started.

• 2. Re: Out of Band actions as a policy
            jefbaugh

I guess what i am looking for is a way to automate the OOB actions for EE.

For instance,  lets say i want to be able to make a tag like "Unlocked PBA" and anything with that tag will have a perm unlocked PBA OOB action sent to it. I checked in policies, client tasks, and server tasks and i don't see anyway of making that happen.

Just seems odd that i would have to manually go in and send the action to every device that needed it, especially when we are talking about 4000-5000 devices.