1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2013 4:26 PM by Peter M

TRUST ERROR

stone241@

Trying to trust my laptop and my wife's desktop but when I submit my password I get "Unhandled UI Error - 403126940"  

Anyone know what's wrong?  :-)

• 1. Re: TRUST ERROR
          Peter M

Where exactly are you doing this and using what software and version are you using please?

• 2. Re: TRUST ERROR
            Hayton

An identical question was asked earlier this year in this thread.  The poster was contacted on that occasion by one of the McAfee development team (bobofet, by Private Message) and there were no further posts in the thread - so maybe it got fixed behind the scenes ..

.. which means we still don't have any idea what causes it.

• 3. Re: TRUST ERROR
              stone241@

Thanks for the replies.....

I'm using Windows 8 - my wife is on Windiows 7 Home Premium.

We cannot connect or "Trust"  the two computers - although both are shown in the Network in Explorer and show up in the Network Map in McAfee.

If the McAfee development team (bobofet,) are reading this perhaps they could enlighten us on the possible causes/reasons/cures Please  :-)

Message was edited by: stone241@ on 12/10/13 2:51:24 AM CST
              • 4. Re: TRUST ERROR
                Peter M

Isn't that merely a reflection of what's set up in Windows Network?  Probably your best bet is to contact Technical Support directly on this.  It's a free calll or you can use online chat.  See the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

• 5. Re: TRUST ERROR
                  keystone

I had exactly the same issue and error code today.  It was resolved by McAfee tech support.

First I ran the Virtual Technician tool that you find when you go to the tech support page.  It fixed a couple of registry issues but didn't resolve the error.

Second, I opened a chat session with tech support.  The technician ultimately had to run a remote session on my computer.  He downloaded a couple of repair tools (after asking permission) and ran them.  Following reboot, the issue was resolved.

I'm not a fan of giving up control of my computer, but it did fix the issue, which can be attributed to a corrupted installation of my security suite.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: TRUST ERROR
                    Peter M

keystone wrote:

I had exactly the same issue and error code today.  It was resolved by McAfee tech support.

First I ran the Virtual Technician tool that you find when you go to the tech support page.  It fixed a couple of registry issues but didn't resolve the error.

Second, I opened a chat session with tech support.  The technician ultimately had to run a remote session on my computer.  He downloaded a couple of repair tools (after asking permission) and ran them.  Following reboot, the issue was resolved.

I'm not a fan of giving up control of my computer, but it did fix the issue, which can be attributed to a corrupted installation of my security suite.

Glad it was fixed for you.  Technical Support are good and they never look at your private stuff anyway, so no need to worry.

• 7. Re: TRUST ERROR
                      stone241@

Thanks keystone - I'll give that a whirl!   :-)

• 8. Re: TRUST ERROR
                        Peter M

I did suggest that in my previous post.  Good luck. ;-)

• 9. Re: TRUST ERROR
                          stone241@

Sorry Ex-Brit - reading from the bottom up I'm afraid - :-)

1 2 Previous Next