1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2013 11:48 AM by Peter M

Live Safe - Dell Real Time Scan Failured - Computer at Risk

Silva

Bought a notebook from Dell with a 3 year McAfee licence in August/2013 running on Windows 8 platform. Dell took several days to deliver. Computer works fine. However in general application always have more problems.

I have gone to the McAfee console window and have seem that the real time scan feature was active and running nicely.

I did some shreder in data in the waste basket for a while and ran scan.

Howeever suddenly i have realized that my real time scan was indeed OFF

A message was displayed sometimes that my PC was in risk and have desapeared.

Not sure why I reach this issue !!!

When I looked at the seven windows (square blocks ) under the mcAfee rectangle few minutes later and read the window located just at the  left handside on the monitor , which is called VIRUS AND SPYWARE PROTECTION,   I could see this real time scan status changing from the statuses  "  being   initiating... "  and moving suddenly to " OFF. ""

This keeps going forever. A McAfee Support Service have asked me to download the McAfee Technician  and before running this agent, to unmark ALERT PROTECTION from the GENERAL CONFIGURATION AND ALERTS window !!  BUT I DO consider a high risky action to unmark  ALERT PROTECTION.

I have ran the McAfee technician (without disabling alert protection) and the preliminary problem mentioned above is still around .

Reading support Knowledge Base, there is no solution to such problem with Windows 8.

Would McAfee support or other SME´s guided me.  Why this issues happen ? When a Windows 8 solution will be available ?: Does unmarking ALERT PROTECTION is a crazy atitude to pursue???

Regards,