9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 7:36 AM by mtuma

Reconfigure SMTP Configuration

gooru4speed

Hi, I'm trying to reconfigure SMTP configuration and change the smtp server information. When I tried to do that I received and error message like "mail is still queued: dequeue it o flush it".

In /var/mail I see two files "admin" and "ccfwadmin". In those files are all the mails notifications appended.

How can I do to flush o dequeue those mails? Thanks!

I attach an screen-shot

Mail_Flush.jpg

• 1. Re: Reconfigure SMTP Configuration
          sliedl

The files in /var/mail (they are text files) are the mailboxes of the on-box firewall users.

The mail that goes through Sendmail as is queued up is in /var/spool in the mqueue directories.  There are mqueue.c and usually mqueue.1 and mqueue.2 directories there.  The c, 1, and 2 stand for 'common' and then the two burb/zone index numbers where sendmail is running.  You can 'cd' into each of those directories simply do an 'rm' on those files (rm *) and then you can change your SMTP mode.

• 2. Re: Reconfigure SMTP Configuration
            gooru4speed

Hi!

I tried to erase files as you suggested but I received a permission denied message, because "root" is the owner, what can I do?

By the way from CC I didn't find how reconfigure sendmail profile where is the "sendmail properties" button on Admin Console. Can I do it from CC?

Thanks very very much!

JR

El mensaje fue editado por: gooru4speed on 05/12/13 15:58:18 ART
            • 3. Re: Reconfigure SMTP Configuration

You should not be getting denied. Are you certain that you are in the mqueue directory?

I found that if you double click on the firewall in CC, on the General tab you can see a Mail Configuration where you can change the SMTP mode.

-Matt

• 4. Re: Reconfigure SMTP Configuration
                gooru4speed

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply.

I was kicked out as admn and I was in user role, my mistake sorry! 

By the way I need to change smtp server address information and from General tab on CC apparently I can change only SMTP mode and Internal SMTP zone configuration there is no way no enter smtp server address information.

Regards!

JR

• 5. Re: Reconfigure SMTP Configuration

Hello,

Ok, so in order to change the smtp server address, you can modify the Internal Sendmail Server Mailer Table file. You just need to modify the address/name after "smtp:". Example below:

test.com    smtp:mail.test.com   

test.com    smtp:mail.test.com

Could be changed to:

test.com    smtp:newmail.test.com   

test.com    smtp:newmail.test.com

Remember that if you use an ip address, you need to put it in square brackets []

-Matt

• 6. Re: Reconfigure SMTP Configuration
                    gooru4speed

Matt,

after change configuration as you suggested do I have to stop/start any mailer deamond or proccess in order to firewall begins to send email notifications?

Thanks very much!

• 7. Re: Reconfigure SMTP Configuration

Hello,

The process of pushing from CC should rebuild the sendmail files and restart sendmail, but if you ever needed to do this manually, you could run:

cf sendmail rebuild

cf daemond restart agent=sendmail

-Matt

• 8. Re: Reconfigure SMTP Configuration
                        gooru4speed

Hi Matt,

I issued the commands you suggested on Friday but nothing happened on weekend, I have no notifications from firewall in my inbox. I think I better open a SR, what do you think?

• 9. Re: Reconfigure SMTP Configuration

Hello,

Opening an SR is not a bad idea. There are a few commands you can run to see where/if the mail is 'stuck':

less /var/log/maillog

mailq

Hope this helps,

Matt