9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 2:55 AM by irishpete

Multiple EPO Policy Application based on Tag

irishpete

Hello,

We've been just installing 4.6.6 internally for a new network and are trying to make things as automated as possible.  We've got Tags/Policies setup to determine OS eg "Microsoft Server 2008 R2", "Microsoft Windows 8", "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2" and if its a VM or not "VMWare Tools" (checks on MAC address).

I had been hoping to assign mutiple tags & associated policies to a client but I've been told that the policies will only apply the top priority one.

For example

ServerABC is runnign Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 and is a virtual machine in my development network.

So lets take exclusions,

"Microsoft Server 2008 R2" excludes C:\Windows\*.*

"Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2" excludes E:\Databases\*.* F:\Logs\*.*

"VMWare Tools" excludes C:\Program Files\VMWare\*.*

I wanted to some way have the resulting policy on the ServerABC to have a merged copy of the exclusions applied to "Microsoft Server 2008 R2", "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2" and "VMWare Tools"

i.e an exclusion list of -

C:\Windows\*.*

E:\Databases\*.*

F:\Logs\*.*

C:\Program Files\VMWare\*.*

But I've been told that only 1 category can be applied at one time, so in this instance my exclusions would only show C:\Windows\*.* as it was the higest priority.  Is there any way to do what I want to achieve which is essentially have a Policy based on Product so that if I need to change an exclusion for a certain product I only have to change it in one place rather than multiple policies?

I hope this makes sense to anyone reading it.

Any help much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peter