Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
421 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2013 1:57 PM by wwarren RSS
abjorn Newcomer 2 posts since
Nov 28, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 28, 2013 11:25 AM

The date format in OnDemandScan logs

Hi all!

I have a very troublesome issue, there are a large group of machines whom seem to vary widely in what date format is used. The following is the ones I've confirmed, though I've heard there are _a lot_ more.

1/11/2013    4:01:47 AM

20-05-2012    10:03:47

2013-01-12    03:01:20

16.05.2013 02:03:36

They are running the same version of windows, at the same physical location (well, many of them at least) and they should all have the same locales and region-settings (in windows).

What exactly in a mcafee-environment is it that decides what format is going into the logs, this is causing some issue for me and I need to know whom I need to contact in a very large fragmented organisation to make the logs consistent, is it a setting in some policy server, is windows to blame, what service/software tells McAfee what format to use for it's logs?

Would appreciate any pointers on this, thank you kindly!

• rackroyd McAfee Mentor 954 posts since
    Feb 3, 2010
    1. Nov 29, 2013 2:29 AM (in response to abjorn)
    Re: The date format in OnDemandScan logs

I would imagine they follow the system locale settings, but this really a question for VirusScan rather than ePO.

Moving the post accordingly.

• pankajs Apprentice 99 posts since
    Aug 7, 2011
    2. Dec 12, 2013 12:39 AM (in response to abjorn)

Hi,

I am also facing same issue.

I think it could be because of "system local settings" but not sure.

• wwarren McAfee SME 767 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    4. Dec 17, 2013 1:57 PM (in response to abjorn)

This is a very complicated area of code, so I'm not surprised if you're seeing oddities.

Please, if you want to see the behavior improve for your specific use case - since the complexities of the code try to cater for "everybody" which is probably doomed to fail but still, to have it behave the way You want, provide the relevant details to our Support folk and we'll see what we can do. And if we can't achieve what you're looking for, we can give you better insight into why you're getting the results you're seeing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points