2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2013 7:55 AM by bornheim

How to "log out" a users browser from Web Gateway (IE11)

bornheim

I'm evaluating MWG 7.3.2.3.0 with LDAP authentication.

With Firefox 25.0.1 when closing the browser and reopening it I have to authenticate again. That is expected behavior.

With Internet Explorer 11 the credentials seem to remain persistent: after closing IE and reopening it, I seem to be still logged in to MWG: no credentials are requested from me, URL filtering works as expected from my last login.

How would I "log out", so credentials are requested again?

Clearing the browsers history (including temporary sites, cookies etc) does not help.

IE 8 does not show this behavior.

Edit: nor IE 9.

Nachricht geändert durch bornheim on 27.11.13 09:51:34 CST
        • 1. Re: How to "log out" a users browser from Web Gateway (IE11)
          Jon Scholten

If you are using LDAP as your authentication type, then Web Gateway will be using "basic" authentication with the browser.

It is up to the browser how it wishes to store those credentials. There is not a way to have the Web Gateway to have the browser flush the credentials out of whatever cache it is pulling them from.

I would wonder if they are just saved in the "Stored usernames and passwords" on Windows.

Best,

Jon

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to "log out" a users browser from Web Gateway (IE11)
            bornheim

That's it, thank you!

To give a complete picture: Does not happen with IE8/9/10, does happen with IE11. Credentials get stored under "Stored usernames and passwords" and can be deleted there. This storage does not get deleted by browser restarts nor system restarts.

In German: zu finden unter: Systemsteuerung > Anmeldeinformationensverwaltung