5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 5:35 AM by exbrit

MCPR.exe failed unistallation.

I wanted to remove completely McAfee software from my computer, after running the MCPR; it shows the following error: 'Cleanup Unsuccessful'. Please provide me assistance for this problem, I also attached the log file so that you can assess the issues that related to this error. Thanks

• 1. Re: MCPR.exe failed unistallation.
          sandra007

Go into Windows in safe mode,  and delete the following folders and files:
          C:\Program Files\McAfee.com
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee.com
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee.com Personal Firewall
          C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\McAfee.com Personal Firewall

(only for XP and this is only a partial solution - beware and read below - Moderator)

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/11/13 6:19:14 EST AM
          • 2. Re: MCPR.exe failed unistallation.
            Peacekeeper

First of all the MCPR tool only removes the home products, so I trust that was what was installed.

If it states "Cleanup Unsuccessful' then reboot and run it again  but make sure you are using the latest version of it, downloadable from Useful Links at the top of this page. You could retry it in safe mode as well. Make sure you have run the windows removal first as mentioned Here as not doing so can mess up your licences.

Also asked a tech to read the log

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 26/11/13 7:04:45 PM
            • 3. Re: MCPR.exe failed unistallation.
              exbrit

Apart from not working on Enterprise/Business versions of the software, MCPR also wont work if Family Protection or Anti-Theft are installed.   Hopefully a technician will look in here but Technical Support is probably your best avenue for help.   Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

MCPR may also be unsuccessful on very old versions of the software again Technical Support is best for this.

The steps written by sandra007 above are a) only for XP and b) only a very partial solution.   I advise against manually removing software in that manner.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/11/13 6:35:00 EST AM
              • 4. Re: MCPR.exe failed unistallation.
                jacjibin

Have you tried using the new MCPR.

Link : http://mcaf.ee/mcpr.

Also could you check in the tasks folder of the computer if mccleanup task is there, if so please delete the task, reboot your computer and run mcpr again

• 5. Re: MCPR.exe failed unistallation.
                  exbrit

Yes, always use a freshly downloaded copy of MCPR from the McAfee support servers as it is updated all the time.   Note that it is NOT to be used against Anti-Theft or Enterprise products, and for Family Protection you will need to know the Admin password.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/12/13 6:35:02 EST AM