1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 9:09 PM by alex.feng

Microsoft Win7 sidebyside errors with DLP9.3

mattw2

Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit)

McAfee agent 4.6, DLP 9.3 (with device control licence).

Over past couple of weeks a number of recently deployed windows 7 PCs have been experiencing performance issues. On checking event logs, the following is coming up every minute or so... (not always same dll for DLP, but its always a DLP dll referenced)

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\McAfee\DLP\Agent\kvfilter.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b ",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

it comes up in the windows event log as a sidebyside error, event id 33.

This is not all systems, and not even all within a group of deployed PCs. They already have visual c++ redistributable libraries installed (2005, 2008 and 2010), and are up to date on windows updates.

Based on the error, i'm suspecting the issue is something else on the PC (or missing), rather than it being a DLP issue, but not sure what it might be.

Any advice/suggestions etc would be appreciated.

Matt W.

• 1. Re: Microsoft Win7 sidebyside errors with DLP9.3
          alex.feng

I have the same problem.

If your PC install EEFF or FRP products?

I have try to uninstall HDLP and EEFF/FRP reboot the PC, then reinstall the HDLP and EEFF/FRP(install HDLP at first) reboot the PC, at last the problem solved.

but i don't know why EEFF/FRP prevent the installation of Virtual C++.

I hope these information can help you.