1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2013 11:04 PM by Peacekeeper

Why is it McAfee takes away the basic ability to decide what's safe and what isn't?!

lustre

So people purchase this product to 'protect' themselves from virus's and other nastys of the internet, fair enough, but why is it McAfee STILL years later, does not allow the user to decide for him or herself what is safe and what isn't!

Frequently I've been having this problem where even with real time scanning turned off, McAfee will remove a file or program from my computer that is 100% safe! I play an online game, and at least 1 time in ever 10 minutes is the .exe file being removed by

McAfee!  And its fair to say i'm completely over this inadequate software taking away my rights of deciding for myself as a comsumer, what is and isn't safe!

In googling for a response to solve this problem, I've seen people from McAfee commenting saying 'submit the file to McAfee' etc etc, Well you know what, forget that, I don't have all day to sit down and submit little reports to McAfee to fix something they should already have!!

Now as a customer who owns 4 lisences to this usless product, I'm VERY VERY dissatisfied with not being able to make a folder, file, exe, etc as SAFE! And after this years McAfee is over I will be removing it from my PC (if thats even possible, given the amount of people who have complained about not being able to remove this WORM of a piece of software) and finding different software that gives me the flexability and choice to make up my own mind about what I use on my computer, and how I use it!

I still fail to understand why McAfee STILL hasn't fixed or implemented an update which gives users more flexability, and choice with what they allow on their computer or not!