1 2 3 4 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 8:20 PM by selvan

Anti theft uninstall

patchesenator

I bought an ASUS machine which had a copy of Mcafee pre-installed. I cannot uninstall this on my own as the anti-theft account does not belong to me. Could someone please help me get rid of anti-theft?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Anti theft uninstall
          selvan

Hi patchesenator,

Please run the Intel ESU utility to know if your Device is enrolled or not enrolled with Anti Theft Service.

The ESU tool can be downloaded from this link

For more info on how to use this utility click on this link

Please post the screenshot of the Utility after executing it. Let me know if you find it hard running the tool.

• 2. Re: Anti theft uninstall
            patchesenator

Capture.JPG

Hi Selvan

I have never had anything to do with the enrollment process, to the best of my memory anyway.

Thanks

Message was edited by: patchesenator on 24/11/13 17:31:30 CST

Message was edited by: patchesenator on 24/11/13 17:33:27 CST
            • 3. Re: Anti theft uninstall
              bluez

Hi Selvan,

I did not manage to catch you and so the problem is still not resolve.

I will download the utility and screenshot the same for your action and view.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Anti theft uninstall
                selvan

Hi patchesenator,

It seems that your device is not enrolled with Anti Theft Service. Could you please let me know the type of error message that you receive when you uninstall McAfee Anti-Theft from control Panel.

You can also try uninstall from commandline and check if you are able to Un-install..!

Bluez

Am available for about 3hours from now. Let me know if you are ready for a session..! It will be helpful if you could post the status of the esu tool as above.

Regards

• 5. Re: Anti theft uninstall
                  patchesenator

Hi, sorry I have taken so long to reply to this post.

I do not get any error messages; simply "Uninstall failed"  and then a screen which says "Incomplete Uninstallation".

Pat

• 6. Re: Anti theft uninstall
                    shotty53

I'm having the same issues.

I uninstalled McAfee from programs and features and rebooted. I was able to install another Anti-Virus but i notice there are still services running and files for McAfee on the Asus Laptop.

I tried running the MCPR but just get a uninstall failed, Incomplete Uninstallation. The tool cannot run with McAfee Anti-Theft installed. I cannot copy any logs either.

I ran the intel utility and have  the following.

C:\Users\Kim\Desktop\Intel ESU for Anti-Theft Services\64-bit>esu.exe

Intel(R) Enrollment Status Utility for Anti-Theft Services v1.0.0.1

AT Enrollment Code     = 1
                            AT Enrollment Status   = Not Enrolled

• 7. Re: Anti theft uninstall
                      Peacekeeper

Best to wait for Selvan we mods cannot assist on AT issues

• 8. Re: Anti theft uninstall
                        selvan

Hi Pat,

Since your device is not enrolled You can ignore the "Incomplete Uninstallation" error Message. However If you have any issues Please feel free to post here so that I can assist you with Anti-theft.

Please do not install and Activate Anti-theft if you decide not to use this Service.

Regards

• 9. Re: Anti theft uninstall
                          selvan

Hi shotty53,

It seems that you device is not enrolled with the AT Service however if you could list the McAfee Services that are running in your Computer I will provide you appropriate steps for proceeding further.

Regards

1 2 3 4 Previous Next