4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2013 9:56 AM by survcarra

Double tasks from migrating to ePO 4.5 to 4.6.6

survcarra

Hello,

We are currently migrating from ePO 4.5 to 4.6.6 and VSE 8.7 to 8.8.

The problem is that, after the migration, i have two seperate on demand scans (Disques and Anti-spyware), one inherited from "My Organization", the other is the custome from ePO 4.5 (broken inheritance).

double_tasks.JPG

I also have those double tasks on the local machines (sorry, pics are in french):

double_tasks-2.JPG

My question is, is this doo to the migrating tool? Are the 4 scans on the local computer are going to start all at once? Is there a way to fix this, or do i have to manually make changes.

Another quick question, is it safe to remove old VSE entries (8.5, 8.7) in the "extensions" panel once you've installed VSE8.8?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Double tasks from migrating to ePO 4.5 to 4.6.6
          Peter M

Moved to ePO for better support.

• 2. Re: Double tasks from migrating to ePO 4.5 to 4.6.6
            survcarra

I juste checked and all my tasks started at the same time but took only a few seconds to complete, here is an example (sorry again, it's in french) :

Tâches_analyses_disques_INT.JPG

The only way i see this resolved, is to break the inheritence of my first tasks and deactivate them.

• 3. Re: Double tasks from migrating to ePO 4.5 to 4.6.6
              Laszlo G

Hi survcarra, as per your on-demand scan tasks I assume you have Disques fixes - EPO(8.7) - Postes and Disques fixes - EPO(8.7) - Postes 4 because under ePO 4.5 you weren't able to use the same name for two different tasks.

Since ePO 4.6 there's a task catalog so I think you should delete any doubled task and assign the one you want to use (Disques fixes - EPO(8.7) - Postes) to any computer group you want.

Apart from this if you try lo run an ODS task for VirusScan 8.8 on a computer that has VirusScan 8.7 this won't work and won't do anything.

But as I told before the first thing to do would be deleting doubled tasks and assign te one you want to your computers

• 4. Re: Double tasks from migrating to ePO 4.5 to 4.6.6
                survcarra

Laszlo G a écrit:

Hi survcarra, as per your on-demand scan tasks I assume you have Disques fixes - EPO(8.7) - Postes and Disques fixes - EPO(8.7) - Postes 4 because under ePO 4.5 you weren't able to use the same name for two different tasks.

Since ePO 4.6 there's a task catalog so I think you should delete any doubled task and assign the one you want to use (Disques fixes - EPO(8.7) - Postes) to any computer group you want.

Apart from this if you try lo run an ODS task for VirusScan 8.8 on a computer that has VirusScan 8.7 this won't work and won't do anything.

But as I told before the first thing to do would be deleting doubled tasks and assign te one you want to your computers

Hi and thanks,

I broke the inheritance of Disques fixes - EPO(8.7) - Postes in my ePO 4.5 to customize it for the need of the computers in the group. What I think happened is that the migration tool copied that ODS and renamed it Disques fixes - EPO(8.7) - Postes 4, but kept the one that inherited My Orgonization. Like you said, i'll probably will have to manually sort all of this up, bummer.

As for my scans, i updated the VSE to 8.8 on that machine.