2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2013 5:39 AM by cyanz

How to re-install Mcafee Internet Security using a CD

cyanz

sir, could you help me out here.  what happened is my subscription expired, then i bought a mcafee internet security CD, then i install it in my laptop, then i give the verification code.  after i have installed it, it still says "computer is at risk". now, i decided to unistall it to re-install it again.  my question is how will i re-install the antivirus using the CD? i knwo it is a stupid question but i realy know what is the correct way.

computer at risk.png

• 1. Re: How to re-install Mcafee Internet Security using a CD
          Peter M

Probably the old software is still lingering.   Uninstall everything via Control Panel > Programs then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Reinstall the software and make sure it's up to date.

Also make sure your system is totally up to date, including Internet Explorer, even if you don't use it McAfee does.

• 2. Re: How to re-install Mcafee Internet Security using a CD
            cyanz

thank you sir. i did what you said and it fix the problem. however, another problem arises.  i deactivate the license on my account then uninstall the software, i did what i read on the guide on how to use Mcafee removal tool.  then when i insert the cd and try to reinstall using my CD and finish the reinstallation two tabs appear on my account.  i have made a new post regarding that matter and the title is HELP! 2tabs=2licemse=1computer.  please help me sir, i need those licenses. please help me.