3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 10:44 AM by jhaynes RSS

How to fix the MVM error, "your license file is invalid or has expired"

fkasper

Have finally gotten the MVM traveling license loaded on an i7 laptop.

Since it took me so long as I have several other projects, I now get the error, "your license file is invalid or has expired".

I thought there was some utility, called the FLIR utility that could fix this, if I remember correctly.

And/or you can just get a new license.

Anyone else having this issue?

Ifso how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: fkasper on 11/15/13 2:34:53 PM CST
        • 1. Re: How to fix the MVM error, "your license file is invalid or has expired"
          jhaynes

You will need to create a support ticket so that you license infringement can be reset.

Jeff Haynes

• 2. Re: How to fix the MVM error, "your license file is invalid or has expired"
            fkasper

Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion.

There was a  mention somewhere on the foundstone website that said to simply "email foundstone to obtain a new license number".

Then a specific foundstone email address was listed.

That did not seem to get a response, so I did as you mentioned and "submitted a support ticket request" for a new license key.

The support ticket folks asked for a hash and based on  that hash, they provided me with a license to cut 'n paste into a  section of the  foundstone software program.

This wasn't a  case of "license infringement", as we  had already paid for a new 12 month license a few months earlier. Our  foundstone license is  valid and up-to-date. Good through  approximately mid 2014.

The installation and setup of our server computer that  runs Foundstone MVM took me longer than 60 days. So our  "60 day trial"  license expired.

I assume that if I had completed the foundstone server  setup in "less than 60 day"," then connected to Foundstone's update  servers, the proper Foundstone registration would have occurred.

• 3. Re: How to fix the MVM error, "your license file is invalid or has expired"
              jhaynes

Well something doesn't quiet add up. For you info the flirt tool is what we use to clear a license infringement. A license infringement can be caused by the date and time of the OS being changed + or - 48 hours or the MAC address changing. There are a few other things that can do it but for security reasons I can't go into it.

Please paste in the Service Request number so I can take a closer look.

Jeff Haynes

MVM SEO Manager