2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 1:01 AM by quaz.hafiz

Log files for scanned Clients

hablosinor

Hi everyone,

so there is a client in my domain with extreme lagging from time to time and I want to check if mcafee is doing a virusscan on this client.

The last time the client lagged was tuesday, but I cant find any log where to check if a scan on this particular client happend.

ePO installed: 4.6.6

Virusscan enterprise + anti spyware enterprise installed: 8.8

Thanks for everyone, who is able to help me out.

-HabloSinor

• 1. Re: Log files for scanned Clients
          hem

I am sorry but not sure what is 'lagging'? If you would like to see the scan log then you can view the logs from the location (C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DesktopProtection).

OnAccessScanLog is for OAS scan.

OnDemandScanLog is for ODS scan.

Message was edited by: hem on 14/11/13 8:40:19 PM IST
          • 2. Re: Log files for scanned Clients
            quaz.hafiz

If you are reffering 'lagging' as performance degradation or computer hang situation during specific duration- please check the process(s) adding to this. You may use process explorer or process monitor tool to see what is happening during that time. It should give some clue.

Assuming Virusscan enterprise (VSE) is adding to this issue, check if there are multiple Scan tasks are running simultaniously. Also, check the Scan configuration for Scan types. Like archive scan, Network scan, scan on read and write etc.

Refet to VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Best Practices Guide: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD22940

HTH