Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
267 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 11:11 PM by andyclements RSS
jasonliu Newcomer 9 posts since
Jul 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 13, 2013 1:58 PM

Question about purchase EG-4500

Hi there, we're looking at purchasing a EG-4500 appliance and I was told in addition to the appliance itself, I need to purchase subscription based licenses per user. Is this correct? I thought the appliance and warranty are the only things I need to buy.

Also anyone knows if there's any support for Hyper-V for their virtual appliance?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: jasonliu on 11/13/13 1:58:48 PM CST
  • andyclements Apprentice 131 posts since
    Jul 27, 2012
    1. Nov 13, 2013 11:52 PM (in response to jasonliu)
    Re: Question about purchase EG-4500

As far as I know, you buy the user licenses, which gets you the software.  If you want to purchase hardware that is an additional cost.  This allows for scalability as far as you need it, an only paying for what hardware you actually need.

I have not been working at McAfee for a year a half now, and was in support not sales when I was there, so things could be different than this, but I don't think so.

At this time Hyper-V is not supported, only VMWare.  I have no idea when/if that will change.

• andyclements Apprentice 131 posts since
    Jul 27, 2012
    3. Nov 14, 2013 11:11 PM (in response to jasonliu)
    Re: Question about purchase EG-4500

As far as I know, they have been doing it this way for several years, but again, I was never involved in sales.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points