3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 5:24 AM by Aidan RSS

Linux Deployment

Hi All,

I am hitting a road block with loading McAfee HBSS products (HIPS, VSE, and MA) on a linux asset.

Can anyone help with resources?

We are using Red Hat Enterprise, and the latest updates on all HBSS products.

• 1. Re: Linux Deployment

Ok - got the deployment and extension packages figured out. I had to go to the System Tree and create a package which I have to push to a Linux client install of downloading locally.

So now I guess it becomes a question of Linux administration of getting the install.sh file from my windows box to the linux server and executing.

• 2. Re: Linux Deployment

Moved from Home products to Business > MAC & Linux for better support.

• 3. Re: Linux Deployment

You may well be abe to deploy agent from ePO - depending on linux flavour and setup - the McAfee Agent version you have added to ePO will have a product guide ...e.g.  in MA 4.8 guide it mentions

• Enable SSH on the Linux and Macintosh client systems before installing agent from McAfee ePO.

• Comment out the following line in the /etc/sudoers file on a Red Hat operating system.
              Default requiretty
              Remove the comment from the following line /etc/ssh/sshd_config file
              PermitRootLogin Yes

Might be worth having a look at the gude for your version.

But there are mutiple was to copy across mapping/mount windows drive/use a tool like winscp on the ePO server etc etc etc